Contributor vs freelancer

< Previous | Next >

Little Star

Persian
Hello,

Does the word contributor imply that the writer is a freelancer anyway or
you can call any journalist working for media "a contributor"?

Thanks!

• Little Star

Persian
    Here it is. But I don't know if I can delete a few words or not as being a contributor would mean the same things.

"He is currently a journalist who’s been contributing part-time as a freelancer mostly for the local magazines since 15 years ago."

Copyright

American English
    Thank you.

"He is a freelance journalist who’s been contributing to local magazines for the past 15 years."

Does that answer your question?

Myridon

English - US
    Someone can contribute stories to a magazine as a part-time or full-time employee or a part-time or full-time freelancer (and probably other ways as well).

Little Star

Persian
    Thank you.
    Now, if I use another adjective for journalist, like an art journalist for example, then would it also work with freelancer? Like: He's a freelancer art journalist?
    (I hope my second question wouldn't make the moderators change the thread, as I'd like to know how to use contributor.)

Little Star

Persian
    Someone can contribute stories to a magazine as a part-time or full-time employee or a part-time or full-time freelancer (and probably other ways as well).
    Thanks! So it actually means writing for a magazine and not multimedia or TV journalism? Or does it have anything to do with having a contract or not?

Egmont

English - U.S.
    "Freelancer" describes the arrangement through which someone is paid. The other terms (contributor, artist, and so on) all describe what someone does. The two are not related. They can appear in any combination.

< Previous | Next >