cook it a bit more

questin

Spanish
Hi there!
I am looking for a proper sentence that may work in a restaurant to ask for cooking a dish a bit more.
I tried:
"Proszę to ugotować trochę więcej"
but I did not find any sentence like this in Google...
Could anybody help me, please?
Thanks in advance.

• dreamlike

Polish
    There's no fixed phrase we could use in such a situation -- it largely depends on the method of cooking.

If, say, bacon and eggs were undercooked, I'd say "Proszę to dosmażyć".
    which consists of the word "smażyć" - "to fry" and the prefix "do", which implies that the action of frying was not performed properly.

Similarly, if, say, a soup was not prepared the way it should be, I'd say. "Proszę to dogotować".
    "gotować" - "to cook" and the prefix "do.

Last edited:

LilianaB

Banned
    Lithuanian
    Yes, I agree -- dogotować will be the most common and universal term. Good luck with dosmażanie jajek -- Dreamlike.(it may be linguistically Ok, but against any rules of cooking) ;) Dosmażyc rybę, for example, usually meat, though.

dreamlike

Polish
    Good luck with dosmażanie jajek -- Dreamlike.(it may be linguistically Ok, but against any rules of cooking) ;)
    I'm not much of a chef, Liliana, and were struggling to come up with some meal that we fry. I think one could at least "dosmażyć" bacon, so let's pretend that I meant bacon and eggs as one meal. :D

< Previous | Next >