coordinato da (incontro)

anglomania1

UK English
Hi there:),
I'm translating the programme for a wine event and there is a meeting, with this written at the end:
Coordinerà l’incontro SignorX MW.

I've seen that "coordinare" is translated as "organise" in WR dictionary, but can it also mean "to chair"
The meeting will be chaired by Mr X MW

Thanks for any comments or suggestions,
anglo

• Benzene

Italian from Italy
    Ciao Lo:)!
    Io l'ho interpretato così, non ho altri strumenti, è una lista (il programma).
    There is this "incontro" that will be "coordinato" by Mr X.
    I thought of "chaired", do you think it works here?
    Thanks
    anglo
    Hello anglo!

Why not the verb "to coordinate" with the meaning of "to organize an activity so that the people involved in it work well together and achieve a good result".

Bye,

Benzene

anglomania1

UK English
    Hello anglo!

Why not the verb "to coordinate" with the meaning of "to organize an activity so that the people involved in it work well together and achieve a good result".

Bye,

Benzene
    Hi Benzene!:)
    I don't think we'd use "coordinate" here, it would be used for work, but not an "incontro". I think he is the "moderatore" here, which would make him the chairman of the meeting.
    Thanks,
    Anglo

Fooler

Italian (Italy)
    Hello anglo!

Bye,

Benzene
    Ciao Benzene, ciao anglo,

Ho trovato pochi input come to coordinate se non solo questo . Chaired dovrebbe andar bene ma mi da l'idea di presieduto più che coordinato. Nemmeno su un vecchio thread sono riusciti a venirne a capo :rolleyes:. Organised mi suona più giusto. To Support/To Discussed/To run maybe ? e se riferito a un programma anche to schedule ?

My try

Last edited:

Mary49

Italian

Ho trovato pochi input come to coordinate se non solo questo . Chaired dovrebbe andar bene ma mi da l'idea di presieduto più che coordinato. Nemmeno su un vecchio thread sono riusciti a venirne a capo :rolleyes:. Organised mi suona più giusto. To Support/To Discussed/To run maybe ? e se riferito a un programma anche to schedule ?

My try
    Io ho trovato più di un risultato con "the meeting will be coordinated by".

anglomania1

UK English

My try
    Hi fooler and thanks:),
    I think it's probably a misuse of the verb in Italian, I think they actually meant "prrsieduto" because the whole 2-day event that this meeting is part of, is organised by my client. I think they actually meant "chaired" .
    My client "organised" the event (contacted the speakers, caterers, hotels, organised trips etc) and MrX is "coordinating" this particular meeting (a moderatore for all those speaking ).
    Thanks,
    Anglo:)

merse0

Italy - Italian
    I think it's probably a misuse of the verb in Italian, I think they actually meant "prrsieduto" because the whole 2-day event that this meeting is part of, is organised by my client. I think they actually meant "chaired"

I fully agree!!!
    Spacchiamo il capello in quattro, quando è chiaramente una discussione moderata da... / presieduta da...

Lorena1970

Banned
    Italy, Italiano
    Hi fooler and thanks:),
    I think it's probably a misuse of the verb in Italian, I think they actually meant "prrsieduto" because the whole 2-day event that this meeting is part of, is organised by my client. I think they actually meant "chaired" .
    My client "organised" the event (contacted the speakers, caterers, hotels, organised trips etc) and MrX is "coordinating" this particular meeting (a moderatore for all those speaking ).
    Thanks,
    Anglo:)
    Sounded quite obvious to me after your answer to my question, as I am used to write (and read!) press releases and descriptions of events, and this error is unfortunately quite common nowadays that anyone works in communication, very often not having a proper experience....:( So appropriate terms like "moderate" or "chair" become "coordinate", which means a completely different appointment.

< Previous | Next >