corporate

Narol

Albanian
Hello,

I am translating a media economics text from English to my native language.

The term "corporate" appears several times in the book, e.g. corporate growth, corporate configuration, corporate behavior, etc. Rather than referring to one singular entity, the term seems to be used in an adjectival use, for example:

The chapter focuses the relationship between such economic characteristics and the corporate configurations adopted by the media firms.

Could anyone please clarify the use of corporate in these examples?

• George French

English - UK
    Corporations and the rules of corporations are complicated and difficult to understand even by the officers of the corporation. Getting good answers is the job of a lawyer:- not of an English forum..

GF..

Narol

Albanian
    I was not looking for a legal/economic/financial answer but rather a linguistic one.
    Thanks anyway.

Narol

Albanian
    I am giving here some other examples:

Media firms have naturally adapted their business and corporate strategies in the face of these changes.

Expansion is by no means an assured route to increased profit and, indeed, earlier research into corporate activity in the media industry has uncovered instances ....

Managerial agendas can sometimes help explain corporate behaviour.

The title of the chapter is "Corporate growth"

Rather than referring to one corporation, in these examples the word "corporate" is used with an adjectival function and the thing is that it doesn't refer to one corporation but rather to firms and I suspect it might have a slightly different meaning than that of a "corporation". Yes, anthox, it may mean related to the corporate sector or it may also mean the overall actions (including finance, marketing, accounting, outsourcing, etc) that a media firm might adopt??

< Previous | Next >