Cos when a heart breaks no it don't breakeven

rogeb

Spain and Spanish
Please, can someone help me to translate in Spanish this sentece of a The Script's song?:

"Cos when a heart breaks no it don't breakeven"

Thanks in advance as ever ;)

• JBJ

Argentina - Castellano
    You should give your own try first, and more context if it is important to help us translate the phrase.

aztlaniano

English (Aztlán, US sector)
    Creo que es: Because when a heart breaks, no, it don't (doesn't) break even.
    Break even puede ser romperse en dos pedazos del mismo tamaño y también puede significar que las ganancias contrapesan las pérdidas, es decir que se queda con un saldo en cero, sin números rojos ni negros.
    Como tú conoces el contexto, rogeb, mejor que intentes una traducción, como plantea JBJ.

Last edited:

rogeb

Spain and Spanish
    Thanks for your replies.

I think "romperse en dos" fits perfectly with the context in this song, because he say "I'm falling to pieces", so "cos when a heart breaks, no, I don't breakeven" can mean his heart breaks in two, doesn't it??

graciekate910

England, English
    I know the lyrics to this song well and essentially what he is trying to say is that at the end of a relationship someone is always more hurt than the other. One person often walks away virtually unhurt/not heartbroken (the one that ends the relationship) and the other is left heartbroken. So when a heart breaks it doesn't break even. It's not a literal translation it's an expression about the end of a relationship. Does that make sense? Espero que sí

rogeb

Spain and Spanish
    Thanks for you answer, graciekate910. I think you are definitely right.

Cheers ;)