cosa mi fai quando vengo

andie22

England English
Could someone please translate this for me. My Italian friend is coming to visit me next week and he's just sent me this text:

cosa mi fai quando vengo
Thankyou

• andie22

England English
    I don't have anymore context than what I've already stated. Could it mean what are you going to do to me when I come to visit you?

I just sent the message to him and he replied 'yes' if that makes it any clearer?!
    Thank you for your help.

andie22

England English
    I don't know I don't think he would be that rude. What are the non rude possiblities?

Sorry for not being able to put the sentence in more context...

Alxmrphi

UK English
    I didn't know it'd mean the same in Italian, and I wasn't sure cos you spelt it as "come", and so I needed to make sure.

But I'm guessing this text means something more along the lines of "cosa mi fai quando arrivo", right:p Let's hope so at least.:)

Alxmrphi

UK English
    I didn't realise it'd be an indirect object and imply "TO me", I just thought it'd be "with", like "what shall we do"...

What's with the last one, where did cooking come into it, or is that just part of your plan that butters up the woman to lead to the other meanings:)

Black Opal

English
    Could someone please translate this for me. My Italian friend is coming to visit me next week and he's just sent me this text:

cosa mi fai quando vengo
    Thankyou
    Read as is, I'd translate it to myself as:

What are you going to do to me when I come over?

Sexual undertones I think.

brian

AmE (New Orleans)
    Could it perhaps mean:

What are you going to do for me when I come over?

Meaning, do you have some kind of plans for me/us? (Taking me somewhere, cooking, preparing something for me...)

brian

kittykate

Member Emeritus
    Italy - Italian
    Read as is, I'd translate it to myself as:

What are you going to do to me when I come over?

Sexual undertones I think.
    I think Black Opal's is the most appropriate reading of this sentence.

Paul's cooking suggestion would also fit, though I really find it unlikely.

Brian, I can't know what words other people would use in a given context, but I would have rather said something like Cosa facciamo quando vengo/Cosa hai pensato per me quando vengo/Che programmi hai per me quando vengo if that were the sense.

caterina

< Previous | Next >