couch surfing

< Previous | Next >
  • tantoten

Spain Spanish
    Eso intuía.
    Solo quería informarme.
    Estoy mirando posibilidades de alojamiento en London y esa aparecía como tal en los anuncios de pisos.
    Mil gracias.

Sandragoras

México (spanish)
    Bueno, creo que fui un poco ruda con los couch surfers, pero he tenido alguna mala experiencia :eek: De hecho, no sabía que hubiera gente que ofrecía su sofá para tales efectos.

Que tengas suerte :D

No olvides doblar las mantas por las mañanas...

ElFilósofo

English U.S.
    Thanks, but from what I can tell "sofáturismo" and "turismo del sofá" generally refer to tourists, travelers, who instead of renting a hotel room, arrange ahead of time via the Internet to stay with someone they don't know, perhaps pay a small fee, less than a hotel. As for "paracaidistas," a good suggestion, but wouldn't it imply more of a squatter, someone staying somewhere they are not wanted or not legally allowed?

I think I'm going to go with: dormir en el sofa de otros. What do los foreros thing of that?

brinerustle

English
    Thanks, but from what I can tell "sofáturismo" and "turismo del sofá" generally refer to tourists, travelers, who instead of renting a hotel room, arrange ahead of time via the Internet to stay with someone they don't know, perhaps pay a small fee, less than a hotel.
    That's eactly what couchsurfing is.

As for "paracaidistas," a good suggestion, but wouldn't it imply more of a squatter, someone staying somewhere they are not wanted or not legally allowed?
    yes. people use it to mean folks who have not made plans and become a problem, since we are overrrun by tourists in Barcelona. The hotels, the hostels, the airbnbs, the squats, even the beach is full, so they wander around as homeless backpackers asking to stay on people's couches.

I think I'm going to go with: dormir en el sofa de otros. What do los foreros thing of that?
    if you want a longer phrase the correct term is usar un servicio de hospitalidad: Servicio de hospitalidad - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre

< Previous | Next >