could hop straight on the Up escalator

< Previous | Next >

Purple Iris

Italian
Hello,
Pensate che questa traduzione possa andare?

"The point was that saving souls was personally up to you: get the babies baptised and they were spared Limbo, should they suddenly perish, and could hop straight on the Up escalator towards Heaven".

"Il punto era che salvare le anime era un tuo personale problema: facevi battezzare i bambini e risparmiavi loro il Limbo, in caso fossero morti improvvisamente, e potevano saltare dritti sulla scala mobile in salita verso il Cielo"

• anglomania1

UK English
    Hello,
    Pensate che questa traduzione possa andare?

"The point was that saving souls was personally up to you: get the babies baptised and they were spared Limbo, should they suddenly perish, and could hop straight on the Up escalator towards Heaven".

"Il punto era che salvare le anime era un tuo personale problema: facevi battezzare i bambini e risparmiavi loro il Limbo, in caso fossero morti improvvisamente, e potevano saltare dritti sulla scala mobile in salita verso il Cielo"
    Hi there,
    It seems fine to me, though I'm not a native Italian, but I have one suggestion: maybe you could use "toccava a te" instead of "era un tuo personale problema"?
    I'm not sure about using the word "problem".
    What do yo think?
    anglo

Purple Iris

Italian
    Hi Anglomania,
    thanks for your reply, I think your suggestion is right. Maybe I could add "solo" (= toccava solo a te) to make it even stronger since in the English version there's "personally". Or would you leave it like that?
    Iris

< Previous | Next >