Could you please do me a favour and pay this invoice?

oscar22

english
Buongiorno

What is the best way to say in Italian "Could you please do me a favour and pay this invoice?"

My attempt: "Potresti farmi un favore e pagi (o pagare?) questa fattura?". O forse "Potresti farmi il favore di pagare questa fattura?".

Grazie

• bibiga

Italian - Italy
    The second option is ok but it is informal and you can only use it if you know this person well.
    Maybe you could say "potrebbe pagare questa fattura per piacere?"

ehrmantraut

Italian, Italy
    Hi, "Potresti farmi un favore e pagare questa fattura?", but "Potresti farmi il favore di pagare questa fattura?" sounds better, even if a bit more imperative. What's the tone?

bibiga

Italian - Italy
    Hi, "Potresti farmi un favore e pagare questa fattura?", but "Potresti farmi il favore di pagare questa fattura?" sounds better, even if a bit more imperative. What's the tone?
    Sì ma forse sarebbe meglio dare del lei, using the polite form as we don't really know if they are on first name terms.

oscar22

english
    Many thanks to you both. The tone is meant to be informal, as I am sending the email to a lady I know well and does some work for me. But it is not meant to sound too imperative - it should be friendly! Thanks

< Previous | Next >