couloir d'écoulement

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by kanoe, Aug 21, 2007.

  1. kanoe Senior Member

    France, French
    hi there ,
    i have a question a bit specific...about bédières :
    In the glaciers (Greenland etc..) they're sometimes a sort of river digging into the ice (called a bédière). And from one year to the other, these rivers disapear from one place to come down another versant of the glacier...leaving behing a sort of long empty "canyon"
    The french description of these canyons says "couloir d'écoulement"

    Any idea how to say it in english ?
    (i thought of hall or corridor, but that just sounds terrible to me..)

    Thank you soso much
  2. hercules Senior Member

    Paris, France
    what about
    "river carved canyon" ?
    (just a try)

Share This Page