counterparties for the hedging = hedging counterparties?

< Previous | Next >

apoziopeza

slovak
Hi,

Please advise,

I am not sure I understand the context below correctly (to be able to translate it). It is part of a contract re hedging services.

Is the phrase "counterparties for the hedging" the synonym for "hedging counterparties"? Or I understood it incorrectly and the first sentence should read as follows (with inserted brackets):

The Company shall procure the services of Mr. XY as an advisor (and the sole executor with counterparties) for the hedging of the Company's energy costs on behalf of the Company from 2005 onwards (Services).

Does "for" link with counterparties (i.e., counteparties for the hedging) or with executor (i.e., executor for the hedging)?

Context:

"The Company shall procure the services of Mr. XY as an advisor and the sole executor with counterparties for the hedging of the Company's energy costs on behalf of the Company from 2005 onwards (Services).

In consideration of the Services provided, the Company shall pay to the Advisor fees of GBP 500 plus VAT per hour for time spent providing the Services, payable quarterly, unless the Advisor is compensated by way of commission from the hedging counterparty to the hedging transactions. In the latter scenario, the Advisor may elect to waive all hourly fees owed by the Company."

Thanks,

A.

• < Previous | Next >