1. greygoose Senior Member

England, English
    "Dans le cadre de l'anniversaire du cinéma, une programmation digne des plus grands sera offerte au public. Des avant-premières nationales, des animations, un Coup de Coeur à Joachim Lafosse, des classiques, des images d'archives, des films pour les petits et les grands, etc."

Hi all,

In the above sentence, what's the meaning of a "coup de coeur"? I'm aware it can have a number of meanings (crush, favourite, stand out...).

Many thanks,
    GG

2. LART01

LART01 Senior Member

La Haye Pays-Bas
    French-France
  3. greygoose Senior Member

England, English
    Hi LART01,

Many thanks for the link, much appreciated (and for your contribution to 'un cheval bon marché...' yesterday.

So would "Joachim Lafosse favourites" be accurate?

4. LART01

LART01 Senior Member

La Haye Pays-Bas
    French-France

Hi
    I understand that it's a kind of homage or acknowledgement. His best achievements would be highlighted...If a singer, his most popular songs would be played...

5. misterk Moderator

Boston, MA, USA
    English-American
    I believe it means that an Audience Favourite award will be presented to Joachim Lafosse. To be confirmed...

6. LART01

LART01 Senior Member

La Haye Pays-Bas
    French-France
    In the 70's on French television Maritie and Gilbert Carpentier were well-known for these "coup-de-coeur" :

A main artist on the show, singing in duets their most popular songs with celebrity guests
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maritie_and_Gilbert_Carpentier

7. greygoose Senior Member

England, English
    "The best of Joachim Lafosse" maybe?