courbe de niveau de difficulté d'apprentissage.

Oreki

French
Hello everyone,

Could u tell me how u'd say "courbe de difficulté d'apprentissage" in english ?

Context : Je considère que la courbe de niveau de difficulté d'apprentissage augmente en fonction du niveau d'apprentissage que considère vouloir atteindre. Exemple : Quand on apprends un logiciel, il est difficile de commencé mais quand c'est fait il est aisé de devenir bon, toutefois il est beaucoup plus difficile de devenir un expert tant plus on va en profondeur plus on a de chose à apprendre et à maîtriser.

Here is the sentence that came to my mind when trying to express it : I consider the difficulty learning level to be increasing the deeper you want to learn.

• Santana2002

English, from Ireland
    How about something like: "The difficulty of the learning process increases in proportion to the level of learning aimed for."

Kelly B

USA English
    Yes.
    I have issues with the original sentence, though, because a curve doesn't get more difficult; it's steeper or shallower. If you think about what the curve image really means, what is being described would be a curve that is s-shaped. Still it's a translation - it doesn't really matter what I think about it.

Santana2002

English, from Ireland
    I deliberately kept clear of 'learning curve', as it doesn't lend itself to a direct translation of the French sentence. However, I guess it could be possible to use something like "The steepness of the learning curve increases in proportion ..."

Oreki

French
    Thanks for ur replies !

I think that the learning curve matchs what I was looking for.
    So to u "I consider the steepness of the learning curve to increases in proportion to the level of learning aimed for" is the right sentence ?

< Previous | Next >