courtroom show

< Previous | Next >

Why Not?

German
Hi All,

how do you call what is person is doing when he or she can be seen in a courtroom show? (If he or she is the accused person? If he or she in an advocate? If he or she is the plaintiff? - Does it make any difference?)

1. Does that person feature in a courtroom show?
2. Does the person appear in a courtroom show?
3. Is the person presented in a courtroom schow?

4. (Is there any better suggestion?)

Please help!

Thank you in advance!

Why Not?

• Why Not?

German
    I'm not sure what you mean by a "show", Why Not. Do you mean an actor in a television show or do you mean a participant in actual courtroom proceedings?
    I am referring to courtroom proceedings that are performed by actors as if they were real and according to real cases. I called it show because it gives the impression of being a sort of reality show, whereas in fact, it is not.

(Such TV programmes, usually series, are quite popular here in Germany.)

Regards and thank you for asking,

Why Not?

cycloneviv

English - Australia
    I think we might call that a "courtroom drama" here in Australia, although you wouldn't tend to think they might really be court proceedings, since they are usually soap operas with a legal theme. We don't only see the actors playing out stories in the courtroom, but also their private lives in-between cases.

An actor could be said to appear, feature or simple be in a courtroom drama.

Dimcl

Canadian English
    I am referring to courtroom proceedings that are performed by actors as if they were real and according to real cases. I called it show because it gives the impression of being a sort of reality show, whereas in fact, it is not.

(Such TV programmes, usually series, are quite popular here in Germany.)

Regards and thank you for asking,

Why Not?
    Ah, I think what you mean is what is referred to as a "docu-drama". They are filmed in the style of a documentary and are based on real-life incidents but, unlike true documentaries, the people are portrayed by actors. I think, like any other actor in any other film, they "appear" in that film.

Harry Batt

USA English
    It would be drama in the MIdwestern USA.

My recollecton of show trial came from the book Darkness at Noon. The Soviets had a knack for putting on an act without using a single actor in the courtroom.

< Previous | Next >