"CPR certification cards", what's this?

< Previous | Next >

seeyou8286

Chinese
Hello, there!
I am wondering the meaning of "CRP cards".

I found the phrase as following:
"And as many as 50 healthcare workers in Southern California have been fired or resigned for carrying fake CPR cards; Citrus Valley Health Partner says nearly two dozen registered nurses are among those who lost their jobs. "

Is it "cardiopulmonary resuscitation"?

• Oeco

English - US
    Yes, it's Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation. It's an emergency technique for reviving a stopped heart. People are trained in this technique and once trained, they receive a card testifying that they are so qualified to perform this measure. And, I presume that certain work benefits come with being so qualified.

fsabroso

Perú / Castellano
    Hi:

All, or most of, health workers (nurses, x-rays techs, nurse asistants, etc) have to take a CPR course (Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation) and pass the exam to get the "card" (valid for two years), it is a requisite to work in health jobs.

lablady

English - USA
    The ability to perform Cardio-Pulmonary Recusitation is a condition of employment in many U.S. hospitals. The cards indicate that the person is certified to perform CPR and most cards must be renewed every two years.

I don't know why there were fake cards, it's not difficult to get proper certification. :confused:

Oops, I'm a slowpoke. Fsabroso agreed with me while I was writing.

seeyou8286

Chinese
    Yes, it's Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation. It's an emergency technique for reviving a stopped heart. People are trained in this technique and once trained, they receive a card testifying that they are so qualified to perform this measure. And, I presume that certain work benefits come with being so qualified.
    Hi:

All, or most of, health workers (nurses, x-rays techs, nurse asistants, etc) have to take a CPR course (Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation) and pass the exam to get the "card" (valid for two years), it is a requisite to work in health jobs.
    Accurately, promptly, thanks for both of you

< Previous | Next >