Cram [your toe into a shoe]

Dminor

Dutch, the Netherlands
Context: the largeness of your second toe would indicate brilliance. This is a compliment. Is the word "cram" used properly here?

Then I wonder how YOU manage to cram in your second toe every time you put on your shoes.

• CatStar

English, Ireland
    Dminor said:
    Context: the largeness of your second toe would indicate brilliance. This is a compliment. Is the word "cram" used properly here?

Then I wonder how YOU manage to cram in your second toe every time you put on your shoes.
    Sounds fine to me, squeeze and fit would work as well. Why is the size of you second toe a sign of brillance?? :confused:

virtdave

english, USA
    Sure, cram is indeed ok in this context, though the size of the second toe representing brilliance is news to me. Does a large third (or fourth or fifth) toe have significance? Just to nitpick, I would probably rephrase the quote as follows:
    "Then I wonder how YOU manage to cram in your second toe when you put on your shoes."

CatStar

English, Ireland
    Dminor said:

I may as well nitpick too then! I would rephrase it saying:
    Then I wonder how YOU manage to cram your second toe in every time you put your shoes on.

Silly little changes really...

Dminor

Dutch, the Netherlands
    Hehe, thanks!

Furthermore, it's merely a joke. ;) The actual subject was that people with Asperger's Syndrom would be recognized by the length of their ring finger, which then should be disproportionally longer than your index finger. Then I mentioned that my second toe was bigger than my first, and wondered what that would mean then. Someone (brilliant, in my opinion) said: brilliance. Hence this sentence. :D

maxiogee

Banned
    imithe
    Well as a guy who doesn't like to boast, I suppose I shouldn't really mention that I have to have all my shoes hand-made! :D

This is not true :)

< Previous | Next >