create a jingle

AntiScam

Arabic
Hello,

If you want to memorize and remember this word you may want to <verb> a jingle.

What is the best verb to use in the sentence above:
1- Informally
2- Formally

If there is a better way of putting the words then I'd appreciate it if you did.

Jingle
2 : a short song that is easy to remember and that is used to help sell a product on television or radio ▪an advertising jingle
Source: Merriam Webster

• dojibear

English - Northeast US
    I would use "create". I don't know much about "formal vs. informal English", so I can't suggest two different verbs.

Edit: I just saw your title, where you suggest "create" and "make". Both work, though for thinking up (inventing) a new jingle "make up" is better than "make".

So that's four so far:
    - create
    - make up
    - think up
    - invent

natkretep

Moderato con anima (English Only)
    English (Singapore/UK), basic Chinese
    You can also talk about composing a jingle. 'Compose' is the normal word to use when you are writing music and can be used informally or formally.

MattiasNYC

Swedish
    I would say "write" is the far more commonly used word in the US. You "write a jingle". It's the same as "composing" a jingle, but I it's more commonly used for sure.

AntiScam

Arabic
    I'm surprised to find out that compose could be used in informal situations. I guess because people get to see it on media all the time.
    I guess the best informal option is write as mentioned by MattiasNYC.
    I like make up too and I keep forgetting to use it even in other situations.
    Thanks to you all.

< Previous | Next >