creation of proxy trade supplier

< Previous | Next >

Ertpresso

USA
Turkish
Hello,

I have a contract to examine with this article:

"The AGENT agrees to perform for the MANDATOR, the following tasks:
a) the creation of proxy trade supplier to the ultimate consignee of the goods comply with the orders of the principal."

Although I have read many commercial contracts I am not familiar of the terms in this article such as "creation of proxy trade supplier". What does it exactly mean here, could you please explain? I don't want the contract to have any ambiguous term, so any alternative suggestion with a certain meaning will be greatly appreciated.

• boozer

Bulgarian
    The grammar of this sentence is very elusive.

I would think the verb should be "complies". In addition I am unable to figure out who is who in this contract. I see at least 3 parties involved - agent, mandator? and, all of a sudden - the principal :confused: Plus the ultimate consignee. In a contract I would expect to find a clear definition of what each involved party does.

I could only guess at the meaning as under:

The agent undertakes to establish or incorporate a proxy company, i.e. a middleman/intermediary. This middleman/intermediary, already a legal person, undertakes to supply some goods to the ultimate consignee. This whole process shall comply with the requirements of the principal. I can only guess whether the principal and mandator are the same person. :(

In short, I'm confused. :confused:

< Previous | Next >