creative (advertising context)

JeLu

Lebanon / Arabic
Salut,

How can I say "Creative" in French as in an advertising context. For example: "they presented an outstanding creative", or "The creative was poor" or "the client didn't like the creative" etc.

Thank you

• JeLu

Lebanon / Arabic
    I mean whatever comes from the "Creative Department" at an advertising agency, their work i mean.. I need to just translate the word "creative" when it comes alone with not words accompanying it (creative brief, creative director etc)...

Tibooxx

France
    Do you mean the work the agency shows to the client? For example the video ad they purpose?
    If so, I think we are used to speak about "création", and even "créa" less formal but more common in advertising world...

nicen1ck

English
    I know exactly what JeLu means. The definition is on Wiktionary. Not surprisingly, yet to be translated into French:
    Noun (uncountable):
    Artistic material used in advertising, e.g. photographs, drawings, or video.
    "Have you finished the creative for next week's email campaign?"

I admit, it does sound bizarre, but it's a term now commonly used. I'm not a native, but I do have a French degree; I would have a stab at it and say: un oeuvre créatif or just simply une création. Hope that helps!

Saints22

French & English
    Salut,

How can I say "Creative" in French as in an advertising context. For example: "they presented an outstanding creative", or "The creative was poor" or "the client didn't like the creative" etc.

Thank you
    Red flag! The word creative here can have several different meanings so be careful.

A creative person = Une personne créative
    Creative [department] just sent this = L'agence (de marketing) vient d'envoyer ça
    They presented an outstanding Creative [brief] = Ils ont présenté un Briefing extraordinaire
    The creative was poor = Le graphiste était nul (when referring to the graphic designer) or le Briefing était nul (again when referring to the creative brief)
    Recruiting creatives = Nous recrutons des personnes créatives.

The above are examples of good language. But advertisers are busy people and often use "Créa" informally
    A creative person = Un créatif
    Creative [department] just sent this = La créa vient d'envoyer ça
    They presented an outstanding Creative [brief] = Ils ont présenté une Créa extraordinaire
    The creative was poor = Leur Créa était nulle (again when referring to the creative brief)

< Previous | Next >