Creatives will get to…

• Packard

USA, English
    My sister was an executive at a major drug company. She thought the term “creatives” was laughable.

“Creatives” were the people, not the product or process.

They’re just kids in blue jeans and tee-shirts that make stuff up.

At the drug company they “created” names for new drugs.

(For my sister “creating” was developing new drugs, not making up names for them.)

Keith Bradford

English (Midlands UK)
    I think the distinction is that scientists use scientific method to create things while "creatives" use imagination. Not all "creatives" are actually very creative, but there again, not all scientists are very methodical. Only the good ones.

MattiasNYC

Swedish
    "Creatives" are artists, designers, writers etc. who create "content."

This is right.

Also, within ad agencies there are usually teams for respective clients. So you have a person responsible for the budget, an account manager that connects the ad crew and the client side, a producer, and one or more "creatives". It's the latter that actually come up with the ideas and stories and visions for executing ads etc.

While I can 'get' that some might find the term "laughable" I would say that's usually going to be people who haven't had a foot in the "creative" industries like the arts or (arguably) advertising. To people in the latter those in accounting etc. often seem "square" by comparison. It's akin to the idea that not everybody has the same potential for being a good artist. If we're being very "square" about the word "creative" then a "creative" will always be someone who creates something, which is pretty much everyone. And the word sort of loses its meaning that way. But anyway...;

If you have access to the series "Mad Men" you can actually see it pretty well. The series shows some things extremely well actually, and one thing you can definitely notice is how the creatives largely have a lot of imagination whereas other people are a lot more... "normal".

So, The Newt is right, it's about the people creating the ads in marketing.

atokad

English - US
    Sorry to have to contradict all the other answers, but actually, in this sentence, "creatives" basically means ads. This is marketing/advertising jargon. The second definition that the OP suggested is actually the correct meaning:

"the ad served to users on a webpage, app, or other digital environment. Creatives can be images, videos, audio, and other formats that get delivered to users"

I read the article that the OP is quoting from. One of the primary focuses of the article is "creatives" (i.e. ads). The noun creative(s) is used frequently in that article, and it is always referring to ads, never to people. Some examples from that article:

"a call to the industry to design creative that not only reaches people but resonates with them."
    "Ad creative is now firmly established as the dominant driver of ROI."
    "producing standout creative will only increase in importance"
    "Understanding how strategic tweaks to your creative perform across audiences"

In this jargon, "creative" can be either countable or uncountable.

I don't see a prior thread on this term in the English forum, but I did find a thread on it in the French-English forum:
    creative (advertising context)

MattiasNYC

Swedish
    Sorry to have to contradict all the other answers, but actually, in this sentence, "creatives" basically means ads. This is marketing/advertising jargon. The second definition that the OP suggested is actually the correct meaning:

"the ad served to users on a webpage, app, or other digital environment. Creatives can be images, videos, audio, and other formats that get delivered to users"

If that was the case and we could use "the ad" instead of "creatives" the sentence in question would read:

Ads will get to produce longer, richer stories that move and persuade.

Does that really make sense? Surely "ads" don't produce, creatives (people) produce.. no?