creator of well-being

• rusita preciosa

Modus forendi
    Russian (Moscow)
    That's a weird expression. Can you provide context?

Creator = творец
    Well-being = depending on context can be a number of things: хорошее здоровье/самочувствие, благополучие etc...

JULLIA

Banned
    Russian
    Наверно фраза взята из выражения типа "Каждый-творец своего благополучия"

morzh

Banned
    USA
    Russian
    Amazing. If it's about human lives in their homes, I'd say "создатель уюта" or "творец уюта", depending on context details.
    No, it cannot be that
    "Well-being" is never "уют".
    It is more or less what Rusita said.

LilianaB

Banned
    Lithuanian
    I like создатель уюта: I think they have in mind some kind of husband. It may be a little more materialistic though, somebody who provides for comfortable life.

Last edited:

morzh

Banned
    USA
    Russian
    1. You cannot like "уюта". You only can like "уют" (accusative).
    2. In English well-being is NEVER "уют". Comfort is more or less "уют", or cosiness. Well-being is a state of being happy and prosperous.

Definition of WELL-BEING (MW)
    : the state of being happy, healthy, or prosperous : welfare

Freedict
    Noun1.
    wellbeing - a contented state of being happy and healthy and prosperous; "the town was finally on the upbeat after our recent troubles"

Now, how's that "уют"?

LilianaB

Banned
    Lithuanian
    You are right it means more coziness, but how would you translate the phrase? Maybe for some people though coziness is equivalent with well-being these days.

Last edited:

Explorer41

Ну что ж, уют -- необходимая составляющая счастья и благополучия. Центральная составляющая, если контекст (повторюсь) -- обсуждение домов и жилищ. Просто слово "уют" имеет "магическое" значение в русском языке, звучит даже "уютно"... Его, скорее всего, склонны употреблять в рекламе.

LilianaB, собственно, перевести фразу невозможно, не зная, зачем она. В одном из вариантов её предназначения перевод на русский звучит так красиво, что я не удержался и (моя вина) вставил его сюда...

morzh

Banned
    USA
    Russian
    You are right it means more coziness, but how would you translate the phrase? Maybe for some people though coziness is equivalent with well-being these days.
    This is why I can't repeat this enough - we always have to have context. We should not be trying translations without clear context, unless it is anambiguous.
    The rules state the same.

I suggest, we either wait for the context, or forget this whole thing.
    Otherwise it is just beating gums and nothing else.

< Previous | Next >