crisis download

hly2004

Banned
chinese
Hi:

One Saturday a pal and I—and yes, we're both over age 12—pored over every glitter lip gloss in a drugstore aisle for an entire 45 minutes. Forget the crisis download (for that, see the Uplifter); this partnership is about spontaneous good times.

Could you explain to me the meaning of "crisis download"?

Best wishes

• Blues Piano Man

USA English
    Hi:

One Saturday a pal and I—and yes, we're both over age 12—pored over every glitter lip gloss in a drugstore aisle for an entire 45 minutes. Forget the crisis download (for that, see the Uplifter); this partnership is about spontaneous good times.

Best wishes
    This must have context to be deciphered. I found this with a simple google search for "pored over....gloss"

http://boomers.msn.com/articleOPRAH.aspx?cp-documentid=387692
    Five Friends Every Woman Should Have
    Describes five "kinds of pals." One of them is the "Uplifter." The one quoted above is "4. The Girl Who Just Wants to Have Fun."

I'm not sure what "crisis download" means, but someone might figure it out from this context.

Have fun!
    Blues :)

cloudgazer

Inglés

Hi, hly2004,

"Crisis download" is recent slang for "talking about what one is greatly bothered or depressed about". Other older slang terms for it would be "dumping your problems" and "getting your problems off your chest". The word "crisis" is part of popular vocabulary to convey the same meaning as "teenage angst". "Download" is the newer, information age inspired term for "dumping your feelings", "venting your feelings", "expressing what is bothering you".

Hope this helps!

< Previous | Next >