cross-asset order management

< Previous | Next >

botzecnoy

italy, italian
What does the below sentence mean?

That you can manage orders of a diversified group of things?

cross-asset order management

The context is finance and the products are securities.

Thanks to all,

• bibliolept

AE, Español
    "Order management" refers to systems to handle cross-asset trades. This part is easy.
    To summarize: each "asset class" used to have its own order management system. Multi-asset trading systems were then introduced to allow the integration of different asset class transaction into a single information system. Cross-asset trading is the next step in integration, where a single transaction system can handle complex individual transactions, each of which can include multiple asset classes.
    Thus:
    1) originally, one asset class per transaction system
    2) Multi-asset systems, but each transaction can only include one asset class
    3) Cross-asset systems and trading, where a single "order" encompasses transactions across various asset classes. This is "the wave of the future," or has been for the past couple of years.
    I guess you had to wait a bit for an answer. I hope this helps.

botzecnoy

italy, italian
    "Order management" refers to systems to handle cross-asset trades. This part is easy.
    To summarize: each "asset class" used to have its own order management system. Multi-asset trading systems were then introduced to allow the integration of different asset class transaction into a single information system. Cross-asset trading is the next step in integration, where a single transaction system can handle complex individual transactions, each of which can include multiple asset classes.
    Thus:
    1) originally, one asset class per transaction system
    2) Multi-asset systems, but each transaction can only include one asset class
    3) Cross-asset systems and trading, where a single "order" encompasses transactions across various asset classes. This is "the wave of the future," or has been for the past couple of years.
    I guess you had to wait a bit for an answer. I hope this helps.

Very informative...Thanks, never had a clearer answer!
    Are you aware of the terminology being used in other languages? Usually such a complex meaning entails that it is transferred as such in English in the target language.

< Previous | Next >