cross-border infrastructure facilities

Myrcrisher

Español
Hey! Please could you help me translate the following:

Here is the context:

People tend to identify with their region, they coexist in a cultural setting and often even share a cultural identity (as they share transport routes, rivers and cross-border infrastructure facilities)

Mi intento:
Las personas tienden a identificarse con su región, cohabitan en un entorno cultura y usualmente comparten la identidad cultural (ya que comparten rutas de transporte e instalaciones de infraestructura para ríos y fronteras)

I don't like the translation of "instalaciones de infraestructura para ríos y fronteras"

please help!

• Di_odonati

Colombian - Spanish
    hola,

You may not like it but I think that translation would do. I mean, it's very clear...

Cheers.

loginpleaseplease

English - UK
    Hi,

I think in the list in brackets, there are three shared elements: i) transport routes, ii) rivers and iii) cross-border infrastructure facilities. So I don't think you should translate it as infrastructure facilities "for borders and rivers", thereby bundling ii) and iii) together.

So I would at least adjust that part to: ya que comparten rutas de transporte, ríos e infraestructuras ....

On the other hand, for cross-border strategy documents, the EU tends to use the adjective "trasfronteriza", which sounds horrible but I think could express well here the concept of cross-border infrastructures: "infraestructuras trasfronterizas".

< Previous | Next >