Cuando haya limpiado tu propio desastre

tuany

Perú-Spanish
Hello

I would like to know if the past tense is correct for this imaginary situation.

In Spanish would be something like:
Verificaría su mejora cuando haya limpiado su propio desastre.
"I would verify his improvement when he cleaned his own mess".

"I would verify his improvement when he cleaned his own mess".

Hola:
Me gustaría saber si el tiempo en pasado es correcto en la oración.

Thanks in advance.
Tuany.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • inib

British English
    Yes, it could be correct. One possibility is in reported speech "I decided/thought that I would verify his improvement when he cleaned his own mess."
    Can you give us your context?

tuany

Perú-Spanish
    Hi
    It is about a hypothetical attittude and behavioural problem. I suggest possible solutions to overcome the problem and finally I want to express how I would verify that the person improved.
    Hablo de un problema hipotético de actitud y comportamiento. Señalo posibles soluciones para superar ese problema y finalmente quiero expresar cómo verificaría que la persona mejora.

Thanks in advance
    Tuany.

moderator note: edited for consistency

Last edited by a moderator:

donbill

English - American
    Hola, Tuany:

Please note that we have changed the title of the thread and that we have added your context to the original post. Always tell us in Spanish what you want to say, and always provide a context or situation.

Un saludo,
    donbill

tuany

Perú-Spanish
    Hola, Tuany:

Please note that we have changed the title of the thread and that we have added your context to the original post. Always tell us in Spanish what you want to say, and always provide a context or situation.

Un saludo,
    donbill
    Thanks again.
    Tuany

inib

British English
    Hi again, Tuany,
    As in Spanish you say "cuando haya limpiado...", I understand that the subject has not yet achieved this at the moment of speaking. Right? If that is the case, I'd use the present simple or the present perfect = cleans or has cleaned. But I'm also unsure about the vocabulary. Could you maybe talking about clearing up an emotional mess/turmoil?

tuany

Perú-Spanish
    Hi inib

Thanks a lot for your reply. It is very interesting that a clause with "would" can also be matched with a clause in present simple or present perfect. Does that combination has a grammar name?
    Regarding the vocabulary the meaning is literal. "Clean up" because his room is always untidy.

Tuany

< Previous | Next >