cue sheet

gillyfr

English - England
Hello everyone,

I don't even really know if this is the correct technical term in English, but what I am looking for in French is the sheet that the stage-manager in a theatre would have.

Thanks.

• zita beretta

France - French
    be more precise, and maybe i can help you (i've been sound engineer on tour for years)
    is it:
    - the description of the equipment required? (for sound, light, etc...
    - the work the stage manager has to do during the show
    - what the artistes need in their boxes
    - something else?

Teafrog

UK English (& rusty French…)
    This is the perfect English technical term, see here, and I am equally curious about its French 'version'.

gillyfr

English - England
    Apparently "cue sheet" is the right term in English, according to wikipedia: "A cue sheet is a form usually generated by the stage manager or design department head that indicates information about the cue including execution, timing, sequence, intensity (for lights), and volume (for sound). The board operators, running and deck crews may have copies of the cue sheet with just the information dealing with their department."

Also, "A theatrical cue is the trigger for an action to be carried out at a specific time. It is generally associated with theatre and the film industry. They can be necessary for a lighting change or effect, a sound effect, or some sort of stage or set movement/change.", which is not at all the same thing as listed in the WR dictionary (souffler, which I would translate as prompt).

Is that precise enough for you?

constantlyconfused

English - British
    The point that Zita was making is that a stage manager's cue sheet will undoubtedly cover several different aspects of stage management. If you have no more information specific to your own case (other than the very general definiton provided by Wiki), I would go for 'feuille de minutage'.

Trinite

Swiss French
    Oui, la conduite. Je n'arrive pas à retrouver ma conduite. Où est passée ma conduite?

Last edited:

gillyfr

English - England
    The point that Zita was making is that a stage manager's cue sheet will undoubtedly cover several different aspects of stage management. If you have no more information specific to your own case (other than the very general definiton provided by Wiki), I would go for 'feuille de minutage'.

I didn't copy that bit from wiki, but apparently what you are referring to - the overall thing - is called a prompt book.