culture mixes, cultural mixes or multicultural blend ??

< Previous | Next >

lie_ju

French
HELP ME PLEASE :)

"I wanna travel all-over the world just to live again those wonderful...

"culture mixes moments."
or
"cultural mixes moments."
or
"multicultural blend moments."

Thks !

• Packard

USA, English
    I simply would not phrase it like that. I think you immerse yourself in other cultures, not mix with other cultures.

I want to travel all over the world to once again live those moments when I immerse myself in other cultures.

Silver_Biscuit

English - UK
    Wouldn't that mean something completely different? If I'm English and I immerse myself in Icelandic culture, my English culture is then excluded from the equation. I'm trying to experience Icelandic culture as well as I can, and temporarily ignoring/suppressing my own culture to the best of my ability.

However, there are lots of fun moments when two or more cultures meet on a more equal footing. Mixing cultures is quite a different thing to immersing yourself. If you're a young person travelling abroad, you'll likely meet fellow travellers as well as locals, and get into situations where you've got a German, an Israeli, a Brazilian and an Australian all having a drink together. That's not cultural immersion, that's multicultural fun, or cultural mixing.

It depends what OP really means.

Packard

USA, English
    Wouldn't that mean something completely different? If I'm English and I immerse myself in Icelandic culture, my English culture is then excluded from the equation. I'm trying to experience Icelandic culture as well as I can, and temporarily ignoring/suppressing my own culture to the best of my ability.

However, there are lots of fun moments when two or more cultures meet on a more equal footing. Mixing cultures is quite a different thing to immersing yourself. If you're a young person travelling abroad, you'll likely meet fellow travellers as well as locals, and get into situations where you've got a German, an Israeli, a Brazilian and an Australian all having a drink together. That's not cultural immersion, that's multicultural fun, or cultural mixing.

It depends what OP really means.
    I can see that.

lie_ju

French
    Hey !
    Thanks a lot to all of you !
    Packard, your sentence is so much well phrase than mine !
    However, Silver_Biscuit is right !

I give you the context ! Here it is :

"The 1st and last time I took the plane, I was 26 years old. I was scared to death until he sat down next to me. He’s Arab, I’m French, we’ve talked, laughed and the plane flew away to Finland with my fear. I wanna travel all over the world to once again live those cultural mix experiences."

It can't be so long, I have to write it with 300 characters max !

Thanks again ! :)

Packard

USA, English
    I would rephrase it; probably something like this:

..I wanna want to travel all over the world to once again live those times when cultural differences make memorable moments.

"Wanna" is not standard English. It should never be used in writing and you should make an effort to properly pronounce "want to". "Wanna" is simply dialect slurring of the two words and bad English.

< Previous | Next >