cume folder

NickJunior

Khmer
Hello Forum,

I have a question about the word "cume". I am unable to find an entry for such a term in a dictionary. Here's the context: "When a student moves from one school to another, the student's test score trends wont be such an unknown factor. (Where is that cume folder?)"

Thanks.

• Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    It is short for cumulative. The "cume folder" will contain all records of the student's school career up to that that time: grades, test results, any records of behavioral problems or special learning needs, etc.

Thus, as your sentence says, this information will be available to teachers and administrators at any school a student attends.

(Cume folder is a familiar term here in the western US. I don't know whether it is used everywhere.)

Edit: I saw my error; the question about "cume folder" is indeed your sample sentence. I misread it the first time.

Last edited:

NickJunior

Khmer
    It is short for cumulative. The "cume folder" will contain all records of the student's school career up to that that time: grades, test results, any records of behavioral problems or special learning needs, etc.

Thus, as your sentence says, this information will be available to teachers and administrators at any school a student attends.

(Cume folder is a familiar term here in the western US. I don't know whether it is used everywhere.)

Edit: I saw my error; the question about "cume folder" is indeed your sample sentence. I misread it the first time.
    Thank you so much, Cagey, for a wonderful explanation. I am now clear as to what the term "cume folder" means.

< Previous | Next >