Cutaway shot


How do you say CUTAWAY SHOT in SPANISH? Again, these are camera directions. After I finish these, I will be posting them so that other people do not go through what I am going through.

A CUTAWAY SHOT, according to an internet source ,refers the interruption of a continuously filmed action by inserting a view of something else. It is usually, although not always, followed by a cutback to the first shot.

Any suggestions?
  • daydreamer

    Senior Member
    I never heard TOMA RECORTADA. Im pretty sure that (in Spain at least) the usual term for that is INSERTO.


    New Member
    Peruvian Spanish and Canadian English
    Yes! In Perú the term is also INSERTO. I studied Audiovisual Communications here and that is the term for the shot that is inserted in the middle.

    I'm currently translating a document and I ran into the "cutaway shot", and had forgotten the spanish term for it. It was killing me, thanks daydreamer!