cycle around in different departments


Senior Member

I wonder if a new nurse or a doctor just graduated from the university begins their work in a hospital, does he or she "cycles around in different departments" before he or she is finally assigned to a specific department? I mean, how to call this in English.

Is it "cycle around in different departments" or "take turns to work in different departments"? Or is there any better expression?

Thank you in advance!
  • Szkot

    Senior Member
    UK English
    'Cycle around' sounds as if they ride a bicycle - 'take turns' is fine. In the UK the term 'rotation' is used for junior doctors moving between different departments.
    < Previous | Next >