Czech, German, Hungarian: Bon Voyage

Tabac

U. S. - English
Hi, Friends:
I'd like to have the equivalent of Bon Voyage in Czech, German and Magyar. Please include diacritical markings if pertinent and possible. Thank you so much!

• Jana337

čeština
    Tabac said:
    Hi, Friends:
    I'd like to have the equivalent of Bon Voyage in Czech, German and Magyar. Please include diacritical markings if pertinent and possible. Thank you so much!
    Czech: Příjemnou cestu!
    German (we actually have a forum for this language ;) ): Gute Reise!
    Hungarian: Jó utat kivánok!

Hope this helps. The Hungarian sentence is my guess (not entirely unsubstantiated I think, but a confirmation by a speaker of Hungarian would be nice).

Jana

Tabac

U. S. - English
    Jana337 said:
    Czech: Příjemnou cestu!
    German (we actually have a forum for this language ;) ): Gute Reise!

Hope this helps. The Hungarian sentence is my guess (not entirely unsubstantiated I think, but a confirmation by a speaker of Hungarian would be nice).

Jana
    Thanks very much, Jana! Yes, I know, there is a German section...just thought it would be easier to post it all at once. (I'll look for a "confirmation" from a Hungarian.)
    I obviously am interested in sending a message to friends who are taking much the same trip that I took two years ago. I envy them!!!

Jana337

čeština
    Tabac said:
    Thanks very much, Jana! Yes, I know, there is a German section...just thought it would be easier to post it all at once. (I'll look for a "confirmation" from a Hungarian.)
    I obviously am interested in sending a message to friends who are taking much the same trip that I took two years ago. I envy them!!!
    How embarassing, to correct oneself in one's own mother tongue.

On reflection, I believe that in Czech we would rather say "Šťastnou cestu" in such a context. "Příjemnou cestu" reminds me of what a railway company would wish you. :)

Jana

Inara

Jana337 said:

Jana
    it sounds ok to me too :) Beszels madyarul?

< Previous | Next >