Czech, German, Hungarian: Bon Voyage

Tabac

Senior Member
U. S. - English
Hi, Friends:
I'd like to have the equivalent of Bon Voyage in Czech, German and Magyar. Please include diacritical markings if pertinent and possible. Thank you so much!
 
  • Jana337

    Senior Member
    čeština
    Tabac said:
    Hi, Friends:
    I'd like to have the equivalent of Bon Voyage in Czech, German and Magyar. Please include diacritical markings if pertinent and possible. Thank you so much!
    Czech: Příjemnou cestu!
    German (we actually have a forum for this language ;) ): Gute Reise!
    Hungarian: Jó utat kivánok!

    Hope this helps. The Hungarian sentence is my guess (not entirely unsubstantiated I think, but a confirmation by a speaker of Hungarian would be nice).

    Jana
     

    Tabac

    Senior Member
    U. S. - English
    Jana337 said:
    Czech: Příjemnou cestu!
    German (we actually have a forum for this language ;) ): Gute Reise!
    Hungarian: Jó utat kivánok!

    Hope this helps. The Hungarian sentence is my guess (not entirely unsubstantiated I think, but a confirmation by a speaker of Hungarian would be nice).

    Jana
    Thanks very much, Jana! Yes, I know, there is a German section...just thought it would be easier to post it all at once. (I'll look for a "confirmation" from a Hungarian.)
    I obviously am interested in sending a message to friends who are taking much the same trip that I took two years ago. I envy them!!!
     

    Jana337

    Senior Member
    čeština
    Tabac said:
    Thanks very much, Jana! Yes, I know, there is a German section...just thought it would be easier to post it all at once. (I'll look for a "confirmation" from a Hungarian.)
    I obviously am interested in sending a message to friends who are taking much the same trip that I took two years ago. I envy them!!!
    How embarassing, to correct oneself in one's own mother tongue.

    On reflection, I believe that in Czech we would rather say "Šťastnou cestu" in such a context. "Příjemnou cestu" reminds me of what a railway company would wish you. :)

    Jana
     

    Inara

    Senior Member
    Jana337 said:
    Hungarian: Jó utat kivánok!

    Hope this helps. The Hungarian sentence is my guess (not entirely unsubstantiated I think, but a confirmation by a speaker of Hungarian would be nice).

    Jana
    it sounds ok to me too :) Beszels madyarul?
     
    < Previous | Next >
    Top