délai d'intervention

boterham

French, France
Bonjour :)
Dans le cadre d'un contrat de maintenance logicielle, le délai d'intervention est le temps nécessaire à un technicien habilité pour prendre en charge un problème client et essayer d'y remédier. Par exemple, selon le niveau de gravité, le délai d'intervention peut être de 2 jours après signalement du problème.
Hello,
How would you translate délai d'intervention? As part of a software maintenance contract, it is the time needed by an authorised technician to start looking into the problem and try to provide a solution. For example, based on its level of seriousness, the délai d'intervention can be 2 days after the client has informed the service provider of the problem they are having.

I don't think intervention deadline sounds good...

And I'm not sure time limit for repairs is good either because (if I understand well) this implies that the problem WILL be fixed after the deadline whereas, in my context, it might not be fixed...

Thanks in advance for any help :)

• boterham

French, France
    Possibly response time?

Thanks alisonp :). However in my context, I already use response time for the time needed to pick up the call in the helpdesk and create an incident in the incident tracking system or email the client with the incident number (if the initial contact was thru email...) In French that would be délai de réponse. Here I need something for the time needed to start looking into the problem and provide a solution (possibly sending someone on site, etc)...

alisonp

English - UK
    Well, TERMIUM also suggested (largely in a firefighting context, admittedly) attendance time, but that seems to me to mean the time by which someone arrives on site, rather than what you seem to be looking for.

boterham

French, France
    Thank you guys. I'm at a loss, really... Nothing seems to fit...

I have also found maintenance standby but I'm not sure this is what I'm after. Can anyone confirm?

And also, perhaps expected repair time or expected service delivery time ??? That one would be clear and straightforward...