dépositaire et déposant

TobiW

English UK
These are the two signatories in a contract. Person A, the Dépositaire is supplying items to Person B, the Déposant for exhibition for a short period of time. The items will be for sale and if any remain unsold after the week of the exhibition they will be returned by Person B to Person A, so it's 'sale or return'. The contract is general terms and conditions of "Depot".
I am stuck for the correct English terms to use for the two parties. Person A is supplying, so Supplier, perhaps. Person B is displaying the items, so Agent, maybe?
But I have found conflicting translations of the two terms.
Can anyone help me out please?
Thank you,
Smu

• TobiW

English UK
    Thank you both,
    Yes, Mehoul, that's my problem. I *know* that Person A, who is listed as the contract as the dépositaire, is the person who is supplying the goods. And that Person B (listed in the contract as the déposant) is the person receiving and displaying them.

My upbringing tells me solicitors don't make mistakes, but I think whoever drew up this contract has done so. I just wanted to check that my research, which agrees with what you say, was not incorrect. I'm perfectly capable of missing the obvious!

Edit: I now have the remaining pages of the contract and the terms are used correctly from page three onwards! It seems the law is not above typing errors!
    Thank you again.
    Smu

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >