dôme au chocolat

Kittybub

English - Scotland
Bonjour tout le monde,

C'est quoi un dôme au chocolat? C'est un gâteau?

Merci beaucoup d'avance,

Kittybub

• Nenio

French - France
    I think it is ice-cream. Like, one of those dome-shaped pieces of ice-cream coated with chocolate... mmmm...

Kittybub

English - Scotland
    Thank you Nenio! Since you know so much about yummy food, can you tell me what "fine bulle" usually means? Is it champagne, or simply sparkling wine, like cremant, for example?

Nenio

French - France
    Oh whaoo, that, actually, is a tough one!

It is used to talk about champagne in particular, but perhaps about all kinds of sparkling wine too - as far as I know, it's a wine-tasting term which does not refer to the wine itself (cépage, vignoble etc), but to its texture.
    I'm not at all a professional in that industry but I reckon that "fine bulle" means the texture is light/sophisticated as opposed to rough/coarse.

To be honest you are throwing me a curve ball though - it's something I have heard so many times before, but I never really checked it out myself, so my definition of it remains vague - sorry!

C_Nat

French- France
    Ce n'est pas forcément de la glace, cela peut-aussi être un gateau en forme de dôme, souvent avec un génoise et de la mousse à l'intérieur.

Kittybub

English - Scotland
    No problem, that's great, I'll say fine sparkling wine until I hear otherwise. It fits the context, which is a room service panier gourmet provided by a hotel. I think they want to say that the wine is not necessarily champagne but it will be fizzy and of a certain quality. Thank you!

C_Nat

French- France
    "Fine bulle" seems to include Champagne and othe sparkling wines like Crémants, but not all sparkling wines. It depend on their manufacturing process.

< Previous | Next >