D&A designated

Frukau

French - France
Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on a job description (project regulatory manager in the oil industry) and in the section "Job specifics", I have 3 points:
-OIMS critics
-D&A designated
-Frequent driver

I have no idea what D&A designated means. I do know that D&A stands for Drug and Alcohol, that is a given, but I don't understand what the phrase "D&A designated" could mean. And google is of no help here. :/

If anyone had a suggestion, that would be great!

Thanks a lot for your help!

• christelleny

French-France
    I wouldn't assume that "D&A" stands for drug and alcohol.

They might have meant D/A designated representative or anything else.

I would go back to your client and ask for more details. Most clients know that an inquisitive translator is a good translator.

Best of luck.

OLN

French - France, ♀
    Bienvenue, Frukau :)

On trouve ici une liste de sens pour D&A, avec une mention "oil & gas industry" à côté de Dry & Abandoned.

Frukau

French - France
    Thanks to both of you for your replies.
    D&A is "Drug and Alcohol", it's just the meaning of "drug and alcohol designated", of this flat phrase out of the blue that puzzles me, I really don't grasp the meaning of it and how drugs and alcohol relate to a requirement for a manager position. Anyway, I'm going to ask for some clarifications to my client, to know what they actually mean by that.

Thanks again!

Frukau

French - France
    Pas de souci, je vous tiens au courant! D'ici 1 jour ou 2, le client étant Néozélandais. :)

< Previous | Next >