daba a la situación un singular matiz que en su fuero interno calificaba de estético

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by 320, Feb 9, 2009.

1. 320 Member

English
    Hi guys

I am having a little trouble with this sentence in the title and was wondering if anybody had any ideas?

Daba a la situación un singular matiz que en su fuero interno calificaba de estético.

[Mod edit: the phrase being translated must appear in the first post as well as in the title, because titles are frequently changed by moderators in order to maximize the threads' usefulness to future dictionary users. -fenixpollo]

I translated it as: her inner self gave to the situation a unique shade of meaning that made up her aesthetic.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2017
  2. The_Pinky

The_Pinky Senior Member

Spain
    Español (España) - Spanish (Spain)
    For a (mostly) accurate translation you should post the complete sentence, maybe the previous and following ones too. Some context can be useful too :) .

It gave to the situation a unique connotation that she described in her mind (/to her inner self) as aesthetic.

I'm not quite happy with my attempt, but i hope i'll help you to get the structure of the sentence :D

3. 320 Member

English
    Thanks Pinky!

Do you think this works?

she gave to the situation a unique shade of meaning that her inner self made up her aesthetic

Cheers