Dalla pasta ai gusti a quella all'uovo, passando dai formati speciali...

< Previous | Next >
Hi guys,
I'm trying to translate a company introduction and I have some difficulties with several sentences:

'Scopri tutti i nostri formati. Dalla pasta ai gusti a quella all'uovo, passando dai formati speciali attraverso le tradizioni culinarie italiane.'

'Find out all the shapes we produce. From the flavoured pasta to the egg pasta, going from the special shapes through the Italian cooking traditions'

Last edited by a moderator:
  • TimLA

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    Hi,

'Scopri tutti i nostri formati. Dalla pasta ai gusti a quella all'uovo, passando dai formati speciali attraverso le tradizioni culinarie italiane.'

Discover all of our pasta shapes. From flavoured to egg pasta, passing through all the special shapes and Italian cooking traditions.

But let's wait for other opinions, I think that last half might be improved.

Alec71

Italian
    Hi Tim!
    In my opinion the second half is definitely OK.. I've got some doubts about the first one.. By formati I think we should consider a more... general word, since it means that there are different flavours and shapes... something like types?

anglomania1

UK English
    Hi Tim!
    In my opinion the second half is definitely OK.. I've got some doubts about the first one.. By formati I think we should consider a more... general word, since it means that there are different flavours and shapes... something like types?
    Hi there,
    I agree with Tim. I'm not sure about the verb "passing" in the second half, but I definitely think the first part is perfect.

How about "going through all the shapes..."??
    Or "with a wide range of shapes"??
    Just an idea.

I wouldn't use "types", it's a bit too vague, whereas "shapes" for "formati" renders the idea perfectly. I mean, "formati" refers to the shape, doesn't it? And Tim already mentioned flavours in the first part.

Hope this helps,
    Anglo

Alec71

Italian
    Personally speaking I do think the first "sentence" is just sort of an introduction to the second one. I know that formati means shapes, but when it is referred to flavoured/egg/different shapes of pasta, I would use a vague word at the beginning to provide more details afterwards.

Have a glance here. :)

< Previous | Next >