Dance terminology - dance dramatist

< Previous | Next >
Hello all!

I am looking for a word that someone who's got experience with theatre and dance might know.

I believe, people who write screenplay (film script, scenarios - if only I knew the exact difference) are called playwrights/dramatists when it's on paper?

What would the author of the "scenario" be called if s/he works with staging a dance?

Pardon my utter ignorance here - I am totally out of depth on anything to do with arts and drama.
  • fiercediva

    Senior Member
    American English
    Here, at least in large productions, the scenic (or set) designer comes up with the look of the stage set and the costume designer designs the costumes.
    There are also lighting designers and dance producers; the latter are responsible for the overall "look" and concept of the production, in collaboration with the choreographer and the specialized designers.
    < Previous | Next >