dandelion & burdock

< Previous | Next >

Ignarciso

Spanish, Spain
Hi people, sorry to speak in english, but as I am writing from an english keyboard, I will feel less ashamed of the result.

I am living in england, and in all the supermarkets I find a drink made of dandelion & burdock... I know dandelion is "diente de leon", but... what's burdock? I can't find it anywhere... your help will be appreciated.

And a second and of course much less importan question...should I try it? :)

• Londres

English/England
    The "dandelion and burdock " (burdock is a root plant herb) drink for sale in many supermarkets usually contains neither dandelion or burdock. The retail drink is often carbonated and contains artificial sweeteners.

I guess there is no word in Spanish. An alcoholic version, the DB&G, is made by mixing dandelion and burdock with Gin! That's the one you should try!

Ignarciso

Spanish, Spain
    thanks, I hope I find a spanish word to have a better idea... and well...I don't drink alcohol, but thanks anyhow

cheers

Avestruz

Spanish
    Yo la acabo de probar, y tiene un sabor a regaliz y anís. No sé si el "burdock" tendrá algo que ver con estos elementos, pero ahí va mi impresión.

equadorus

English
    Burdock in spanish is Badana it is a wonderfultonic herb used by the Romany People
    but used in Macrobiotics.You can now buy an organic noin alcoholic dandelion and burdock cordial

brightlight

English
    Hi

I drank dandelion and burdock when I was last in the UK and was amazed to find that it was nothing at all like the drink I had when I was a kid. Then it was an organic drink, with no fizz and NEVER with alcohol. It was highly recommended for kids and we drank it instead of coca cola then. I would highly recommend you try it if you can find the organic drink as it is very good for your health and a delicious refreshing drink too. (If you find the organic drink, I'd love to know where you buy it so that I can drink it the next time I am home). Hope you are lucky enough to discover that all English food and drinks are not bad!!

Bevj

Allegra Moderata (Sp/Eng, Cat)
    English (U.K.)
    I remember dandelion and burdock from my English childhood. It was a fizzy drink then, sold in glass bottles. I suppose it was the old equivalent of coca-cola. I'm afraid that it had no organic or natural ingredients whatsoever but it was delicious. I haven't seen it on sale for many, many years and never in Spain. :(

brightlight

English
    http://www.manifesthealth.co.uk//Dandelion-Burdock-Cordial-360ml-P229.aspx Here is an organic dandelion and burdock link and there are some more for the UK Bevj. I think you must be younger than me, because when I was a kid there was only the non fizzy drink available, but then I don't even remember coca cola, or perhaps my parents just didn't buy it!! All we drank was lemonade or orange juice that was diluted with water!! GOD that makes me feel old!! :(

< Previous | Next >