Danish: "han ville ikke filmes med ansigt på"

pellefygert

Norwegian
Hi,

Someone is being interviewed on TV - from behind, because: "han ville ikke filmes med ansigt på".

Is this what you would normally say if someone didn't want to show his face, or is it funny? It would be funny in Norwegian.

Thanks.

• bicontinental

English (US), Danish, bilingual
    "han ville ikke filmes med ansigt på".

Is this what you would normally say if someone didn't want to show his face, or is it funny?
    Well, now that you mention it, I can see how it might sound kind of funny:) That being said, I don’t think it would have struck me as being particularly strange or unusual had you not asked about it. I suppose it’s modelled on the “tv eller film med xxx på” e.g., med lyd på, med farve(r) på, med undertekster på etc. It sounds fine to my ear...the meaning is quite clear even if you might argue that it could have been worded more eloquently.

Opinions may differ...
    Bic.

Last edited:

Sepia

High German/Danish
    I find it very, very odd and not OK, although in the right context you'd know what is meant. I mean, you can shut off the sound, the subtitles, but you can't take or switch your face off.

"Han ville ikke vise sit ansigt i filmen."
    "Han ville ikke have, at man viste hans ansigt i filmen".

That would be more precise and standard. I don't know if your phrase is television/film maker jargon. Could be.

jette(DK)

Danish
    Since this could appear to be a tie, I want to back up Sepia: This is not a standard way of phrasing that you don't want yout face to be shown on tv. It might be some sort of jargon, among tv-people, but it's not what you would normally say.

< Previous | Next >