Darling, don't wander off

TGW

Chinese
Darling, don't wander off<-----Topic added to post by moderator (Florentia52)----->

I just heard a mum saying that to her daughter. I'd like to know what are other ways to say it. Stick to/by/with me? Stay close with me? Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • TGW

Chinese
    The lady and her little daughter was walking on the street, I overheard that sentence. I guess it's a bit crowded, mom didn't want her daughter to be far from her.

TGW

Chinese
    Thank you. I thought stick was better than stay here. Could you give me a rough idea of when you would use stick ones?

You little ripper!

Australian English
    Thank you. I thought stick was better than stay here. Could you give me a rough idea of when you would use stick ones?
    ‘Stick with me/someone’ usually suggests support or loyalty.

The people that stick with you during the bad times are what I call true friends.
    Things are really tough at the moment, but if you stick with me I’m positive the business will improve and start making a profit.

TGW

Chinese
    ‘Stick with me/someone’ usually suggests support or loyalty.

The people that stick with you during the bad times are what I call true friends.
    Things are really tough at the moment, but if you stick with me I’m positive the business will improve and start making a profit.
    Many thanks. I've got it.

< Previous | Next >