Das Scheidungsverfahren ist damit abgeschlossen

melocotón

Ireland, english
I thought my German was fairly okay - but no matter how I try to translate the paragraph below, the sentences don't make sense.....can anyone help?

In Ihrer überreichen wir in der Anlage im Original die mit dem Rechtskraftvermerk versehene Ausfertigung des Scheidungsurteils vom 08.01.2002 sowie, ebenfalls im Original, Ihre Heiratskunde.
Das Scheidungsverfahren ist damit abgeschlossen. Wir bedanken uns für die Übertragung des Mandats und das entgegengebrachte Vertrauen

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Frank78

German
    It´s a letter from a lawyer to a client as I can see.

In Ihrer ( ?? - is here something missing?) überreichen wir in der Anlage im Original die mit dem Rechtskraftvermerk versehene Ausfertigung des Scheidungsurteils vom 08.01.2002 sowie, ebenfalls im Original, Ihre Heiratskunde.

I`m not that good at law-English but I try.

"We send you attached with this letter original of the legal-binding divorce sentence from 8th Jan 2002 as well as the original of your marriage certificate."

"Das Scheidungsverfahren ist damit abgeschlossen. Wir bedanken uns für die Übertragung des Mandats und das entgegengebrachte Vertrauen"

"Therewith the divorce trial is finished. We thank you for awarding the mandate to us and your trust in us."

I hope this helps :D

Welcome to the forums.

melocotón

Ireland, english
    Yes this is a huge help, there were a couple of phrases I couldn't grasp and you've totally hit the nail on the head.................thank you sooooooooooooooo much!!!!!

Frank78

German
    You´re welcome.

Take a look at the beginning again where something is missing

"In Ihrer ....überreichen wir in der Anlage"

It´s just:
    "In your....we send you attached"

melocotón

Ireland, english
    Yes that was confusing me also, that is what was sent to me and I was understanding it as "in ihrer überreichen" and it wasn't making sense to me at all!!! I can check with them tommorow what was left out and that will clear things up. Thanks again for your help!!!

< Previous | Next >