dating \love website

< Previous | Next >


Senior Member
Hungary, Hungarian
Hi there,

What do you call a sort of website where men can meet women, women can meet men. A dating website, or love website?

Thank you!
  • Cypherpunk

    Senior Member
    US, English
    It's a bit more common to call place where you just meet people online a dating site. If you are going to pay a company to ask questions about you and pair you with people likely to share a mutual interest, then it's more likely to be called a matchmaking service.


    Senior Member
    I wouldn't say "social networking" to mean that. It's too vague. "Dating site" or "dating service" is what I'd use, and I usually put "online" before it (as in naranju's suggestion), but it's not required.
    < Previous | Next >