dawn and dusk combined

Deborah White

Senior Member
Korean Korea

I am looking for a word which means 'dawn or dusk'. I seem to have seen such a word before. Or could it simply be my misconception?

But now I've looked up in the dictionary and found 'dawn' can only be daybreak, and 'dusk' mean the moment when the sun sets and night falls.

Can you help me?
  • Nunty

    Hebrew-US English (bilingual)
    Sorry to disagree. In Amercian English, at least, twilight refers to the period immediately following the sunset, before it is really dark.
    < Previous | Next >