de influencia exterior

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by Josette, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Josette Senior Member

Great Britain, English
    Hello again,

I'd appreciate it if somebody could cast a critical eye on my attempts at translating the following:

Atendi a los factores geoestrategicos, militares y economicos de influencia exterior sobre las dinamicas de cambio politico domestico, particularmente en el caso de la politica exterior britanica ante la transicion espanola.

I examined external geostrategic, military and economic factors that influenced/had an impact on the dynamics of domestic political change, particularly in relation to British foreign policy vis-a-vis the Spanish transition.

I examined the impact of geostrategic, military and economic factors on the dynamics of domestic political change.......

...or maybe you can come up with something completely different!

Thanks,

Josette

2. Roberto_Mendoza

Roberto_Mendoza Senior Member

Michoacán, México
    Spanish - México
    It looks fine to me. However, the part with "influencia exterior...doméstico" is not clear, at least in my opinion. I can't quite get what they are trying to say in Spanish.

3. Josette Senior Member

Great Britain, English
    Thanks for your help, Roberto, I managed to to clarify the meaning of the sentence with the guy who wrote the text.

Saludos