deactivated (for/on) the last two days

Dear life

India- Bengali
Hey! Could you please check the following?
I kept my account deactivated (for) the last two days.
( I kept the account deactivated throughout Sunday and Monday and on Tuesday <taken to be today>, I have reactivated the account?)
Can I here omit 'for' in the sentence (I kept...deactivated the last two days/ The last two days I kept my account deactivated)?
And also, can I use 'on' in the place of 'for' ( I kept my account deactivated on the last two days).

I think, this two options can be used when there's no present relevance in the sentence.
Please let me know if my assumption is right.

• Dear life

India- Bengali
    Thank you teddy!
    I am not very clear about your question. However, if you are talking about a period of past time continuing to the present, you need the present perfect tense.
    I actually intended it without a present relevance ( not up to the present). Here's the situation.

Sunday and Monday: I kept the account deactivated.
    Tuesday( in the sense of today): I have reactivated it in the very morning.

'I kept my account deactivated the last two days/ for the last two days/ on the last two days. But, today I have reactivated it. Now, we guys can chat again!!'
    I guess, each three are correct in this context.
    Please let me know if I'm being right.

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    We wouldn't use "on" in this situation, but the other two options ("the last two days" or "for the last two days") are fine.

< Previous | Next >