dead skin on trial

Jigoku no Tenshi

Venezuela-Castellano
Hi Everybody!

Can anyone explain the phrase "dead skin on trial", because I don´t. when does anyone use it? and is there a translation to Spanish? Well if I can´t tell the meaning in English, I doubt about it, but if anyone can help me with the meaning in english it´d be good, but if anyone knows a translation to English it´d be better

Thanks for reading

Ah! By the way the phrase it´s from a Green Day song titled "Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) " and here´s the lyrics:

So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind.
Hang it on a shelf of good health and good time.
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial.
For what it's worth, it was worth all the while.

• Jigoku no Tenshi

Venezuela-Castellano
    I think it´s a slang, so maybe I should ask someone from the locaction of the band or better the song´s writer, which is out of question!! in the other hand it migth be as you say just nonsenses, but I really think that has a meaning, because the most of their lyrics make sense if you know some places and some langs

thanks for your help

And if I write down something WRONG, be free in telling me where, so I won´t do it again

Brian P

You made a few small mistakes. I'll just rewrite the whole message for you:

I think it's slang, so maybe I should ask someone from the location of the band or better the song´s writer, which is out of the question!! On the other hand it migth be as you say just nonsense, but I really think that it has a meaning, because the most of their lyrics make sense if you know some places and some langs (quieres decir languages?)

And if I write down something WRONG, feel free to tell me where, so I won´t do it again.

Jigoku no Tenshi

Venezuela-Castellano
    I meant "Slangs", my keyboard must be broken, or is that in my coutry it´s now 1 PM and I´m so hungry that I started eat the letters, thanks, learning is a journey, and sometimes we need someone to tell us where to go

So long

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    As has been mentioned, lyrics often lack literal meaning.

Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial.

These are obvious references to a past, which now lives only in memory. Dead skin flakes off and disappears.

Kelly B

USA English
    Because Jigoku no Tenshi's question is posted in the English only forum, please reply in English. Thank you very much.
    Kelly B, Moderator

Jigoku no Tenshi

Venezuela-Castellano
    Thanks, I see that, the thing is how "on trial" fits in that? because English It´s not my mother language, so it´s kind of hard know all the use of the words and phrases. "on trial" can make me ask if , is it in tribunal? like the criminals. am I testing it for buy it later? like you do with the software. you know what I mean, I know just a little of the meanings of a little of the words. Of course if I found one logical answer with my options, even if I were wrong, I wouldn´t be here,

Thanks a lot but maybe looking for a "logical answer" it´s not the way to find the meaning of a song, Especially This one, that´s highly Emotional

By the way Thanks Brian P for the advice on "Slangs" that can´t be in plural I forgot that, in Spanish is Rigth make it plural, it`s like "intelligents", it just can´t be, but again the mother language dominates the girlfriend language as I say

Telement

English
    Omg, dead skin on trial. I just realized they know about reincarnation. You die and come back again to learn lessons and hoping you do well to go to the next level. Thats what dead skin on trial means, I think...

< Previous | Next >