December 10 until / to December 17

ajnlopez

Spanish
Which form is correct?

They are going to borrow us an iPad from December 10 until December 17.

or

They are going to borrow us an iPad from December 10 to December 17.

Is correct to use until instead of to when talking about a period of time when something is happening?

What is the difference between to and until in these scenarios?

• Hildy1

English - US and Canada
    Just checking -
    When you say "borrow us an iPad", you do mean "borrow an iPad (from someone else) for us"?

In some dialects, "borrow us an iPad" could mean "lend us an iPad". That use is not standard English.

ajnlopez

Spanish
    Just checking -
    When you say "borrow us an iPad", you do mean "borrow an iPad (from someone else) for us"?

In some dialects, "borrow us an iPad" could mean "lend us an iPad". That use is not standard English.
    I mean someone else is gonna give the iPad to us for a short period of time. So, should I use lend? until and to are both ok in this context?

Hildy1

English - US and Canada
    1. Joe is going to lend / loan us an iPad until December 17.:tick:
    2. We are going to borrow an iPad from Joe until December 17.:tick:
    3. Joe is going to lend / loan us an iPad from December 10 to / until December 17.:tick:
    4. We are going to borrow an iPad from Joe from December 10 to / until December 17.:tick:

I would probably say "to" in sentences 3 and 4.

alwaysconfused96

American English
    They are going to borrow us an iPad from December 10 until December 17.
    I would phrase it "They are going to lend us an iPad from December 10th until December 17th." There's no difference between until and to in this sentence so it's just your preference on which you want to use.

ajnlopez

Spanish
    1. Joe is going to lend / loan us an iPad until December 17.:tick:
    2. We are going to borrow an iPad from Joe until December 17.:tick:
    3. Joe is going to lend / loan us an iPad from December 10 to / until December 17.:tick:
    4. We are going to borrow an iPad from Joe from December 10 to / until December 17.:tick:

I would probably say "to" in sentences 3 and 4.
    My doubt is because number 2 sounds like we are receiving the iPad on the 17 and not before that.

< Previous | Next >