default nominal ledger posting codes

annettehola

Banned
Danish
Does anybody KNOW what that is? They are codes, obviously, but I don't see for what.
Here is another one that appears futher down in my text: Over-ride Rates of Exchange. If there possibly is somebody who knows or has an idea of what this is, pleeeaaase post an answer.
The context is management software (sales ledger systems).
Thanks a LOT.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Masood

British English
    Posting code? Is that like a (UK) post code? A string of letters/numbers that identifies a street in the UK? (equivalent to a US zip code?). Pure guess.

mar24010

Spain, Spanish
    OK. I'm not an accountant but I will try to explain. They are codes for posting in accountancy. They are codes that specify the (accounting) nature of the operations.
    (for example whether it is a credit, debit,... operation). And serve, for example, for determining the account in which it should be posted.
    Override rates of exchange. I'm not so sure but it looks as the rates to apply in currency exchage in operations cancellation (override).
    Hope it helps.

annettehola

Banned
    Danish
    Thanks, mar24010. But do you know the Spanish equivalent?
    I'm still not sure about override rates. Does override mean cancel? I've never heard that before.

mar24010

Spain, Spanish
    Annette, for posting codes I suggest "claves de contabilización"
    and for Override rates of exchange I would say "cambio en operaciones de anulación".
    Hope it still helps.

porchini

Mexico, Spanish
    Códigos/claves predeterminados de asientos de resultados al libro mayor.
    Over-ride Rates of Exchange: Anular/cambiar los Tipos de Cambio. I'm assuming it's dollar/euro rates of exchange. This feature would probably let you enter a different exhange rate.