delivered wholesale prices vs posted free on board prices

reka39

Banned
Italian
Hello! Can you kindly explain to me what the difference is between a delivered wholesale price and posted free on board price? They are talking about the price a retail outlet faces when buying fuel from the refiner. Thanks.

PS my question is not referred to legal issue or law. I'm just reading an article published in an academic journal.

I'm sorry for the spelling mistake in the title of the thread.

• Egmont

English - U.S.
    "Free on board," or "FOB," means that the price includes the service of loading a product onto a vehicle at the location where it is sold. If you drive your fuel tanker truck to the refinery, they'll put the fuel in your truck. If you use a trucking company, they will put the fuel into that company's truck, but you will have to pay the trucking company to bring it to you. If you want them to deliver it, there will be an additional cost for that service.

"Delivered wholesale price" includes delivery.

reka39

Banned
    Italian
    "Free on board," or "FOB," means that the price includes the service of loading a product onto a vehicle at the location where it is sold. If you drive your fuel tanker truck to the refinery, they'll put the fuel in your truck. If you use a trucking company, they will put the fuel into that company's truck, but you will have to pay the trucking company to bring it to you. If you want them to deliver it, there will be an additional cost for that service.

"Delivered wholesale price" includes delivery.
    Thanks! Is it the same thing to refer to 'delivered wholesale price' and CIF price?

< Previous | Next >